Thursday, December 15, 2005

Change in Plans

I am writing this late Thursday evening because things could get crazy around my house.  The motor in our furnace went out tonight.  According to the cable company it was 18 below zero last night so it could get cold tonight.  My husband has it temporarily running for the moment.

It got slightly smoky in the house when it happened and, of course, the smoke alarms went off.  Fortunately, Billy Ray sleeps hard when he first gets to sleep and he has his headphones on listening to the oldies so he actually slept right through the noise.  The last time the alarm went off it escalated him a lot.

Billy Ray does not understand changes in routine or being woken up once he is asleep.  I was thinking how hard it would be to get him out of the house in the event of a fire.  He gets made if we wake him before he is ready.  Fortunately he no longer has school buses to catch.

We are waiting for the furnace man to call.  I am going to go ahead and post this since I promised the bipolar post and some of you may be looking for it in the morning.  It could be a long night.

Until tomorrow,
Peggy Lou Morgan
www.parentingyourcomplexchild.com
www.lighthouseparents.com

1 comment:

Lora said...

Oh my gosh, it is way colder there than it is here in Anchorage. Who would ever believe that? I sure hope that things improve and tomorrow is a better day.
Thinking of you