Monday, December 19, 2005

Reflections on Billy Ray's Birthday


I confess that we were having a bit of agitation as we were getting ready to go to Billy Ray's birthday lunch and I forgot to take the camera. Thus, I thought I would share a few of pictures of times I am reflecting on tonight.

On the right is the picture taken the day of the adoption hearing in 1984. It is scanned from an old photograph and I can't get it straight no matter what I do.

I have been thinking a lot about those days on Billy Ray's 23 rd birthday today. Pictures of precious Daniel on Suzanne's blog and beautiful Griffin on Griffin's Mom's blog lately remind me of the sweet times with Billy Ray and the realization of how far we have come.

Who could have known in 1984 that life would take us in the turns it has. We have learned so much together and I have learned so much from Billy Ray. Sometimes there was no other way to learn but by our bootstraps.

I shared in my book that a special uncle was feeling sorry for me because he felt I had made so many sacrifices to be Billy Ray's mom. It has been a different life than I might have experienced but I wouldn't have missed it for anything.


This is a picture of Billy Ray and I taken a couple of years ago. We really have come a long way baby, as they say. I don't know what I would have become or what Billy Ray would have become if we hadn't gotten together. We are probably both different as a result. All I know is that I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

I promise I will get some recent pictures of my own sonshine real soon.

Until tomorrow,
Peggy Lou Morgan
www.parentingyourcomplexchild.com
www.lighthouseparents.com







No comments: