Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Billy Ray is Amazing

Despite Pancreatitius, which is very painful, Billy Ray is anxious to maintain his activities. The rest of us would probably want to crawl back in bed – at least I would.

Overall he is doing well on adapting to his low fat diet. I think we are staying within the guidelines Dr. Masterangelo set for daily fat content though we are having to do substantial juggling.

This morning as I worked on magnets that say Adapt and Communicate to attach to the handouts from my presentation on Friday, I was thinking that sometimes I am more of a problem than Billy Ray. When he was diagnosed with diabetes I freaked because I thought I would never be able to adapt his diet to it. We have done quite well at that part. The low fat things is more of a challenge than the diabetic issues but he is adapting much better than I anticipated.

Once again, Billy Ray is my best teacher.

Until next time,
Peggy Lou Morgan
Amazon Blog
www.parentingyourcomplexchild.com
www.lighthouseparents.com
Yahoo Group

1 comment:

Lora said...

I'm back and glad to be reading your blog again. I hope that all is well with you and that your book sells in the millions. I am waiting for my copy now, my mom ordered it for me in South Carolina. The bookstore is planning to carry it but didn't have it in stock yet. Hugs to you and Billy Ray :)