Monday, January 30, 2006

Monday Morning 1/30/06

I am in the midst of a project (cleaning my office – yuk) this morning but want to take time to update you on a couple of things.

First, Billy Ray’s transition to larger clothes is going fairly well. Yes there have been a couple of meltdowns but the house is still standing. Certainly it could have been much more difficult to get his ill-fitting things away from him. It is very satisfying to see that it works when efforts are made to do something in the way he needs to experience it.

The camera chip apparently needs to be replaced. We will go into Bend tomorrow to get a new one and hopefully post some pictures of Billy Ray in his new clothes later in the week. I also want to take a picture of Billy Ray and Brice Stanley, his medical provider, when we see him on Wednesday. I got a beautiful email from Brice about how much he enjoys Billy Ray and I hope to do a blog post with part of it and the picture Thursday or Friday.

Last week I was talking with my editor, Ellen Kadin, at AMACOM Books and sharing that my pastor, Richard Lighthill, had come up with some wonderful software to enable me to be more supportive of parents I can’t get to personally. I embarrassed myself by saying my pastor is a nerd. Then I corrected myself by saying a nerd like Bill Gates is a nerd. He is such a computer whiz and understands so much more than I do about computers.

I am so excited with the software Pastor Richard found. It will enable us to videotape presentations I make, record things we do with Billy Ray or even just sit at my desk and chat with website visitors. Recordings will be put on my parenting website for viewing and comments can be made here on the blog. I will keep you apprised of our progress in getting it ready to go. In the meantime, if you have suggestions or questions you would like me to address please email me.

Until tomorrow,
Peggy Lou Morgan
http://www.parentingyourcomplexchild.com/
http://www.lighthouseparents.com/

No comments: