Friday, March 10, 2006

Just for Today -- Idle Chit Chat

Just for today, I’m going to take care of me first. It’s hard for me to do that sometimes. Life tends to focus mostly on Billy Ray’s needs.

We have been in this area for over a year. There has been no plus-sized fashion shop. Today one of my favorite shops, Dress Barn, is opening in Bend (27 miles from us). I am going to allow myself to go shopping and to have lunch with my husband.

I am going to start with the best treat of all – a long soak in the tub. I tend to do that when Billy Ray is otherwise occupied which might not be that first thing in the morning that most people do. Not everyone could understand the joy of an uninterrupted bath. Those of you will have kids, whether special needs or not, probably do.

I am obsessing on the wonder of technology this morning. When I was writing Parenting Your Complex Child (AMACOM Books April 2006) I so longed to be able to interact with my readers. I would have never imagined that Amazon would have an ability to put a blog to talk to readers on their website. My publisher, AMACOM Books, let me know about it yesterday and I created one. Eventually it will be on the book detail page – once they confirm that I really wrote Parenting Your Complex Child.

Who would have dreamed that I could meet and learn from all of you too. If it wasn’t for my agent, William Brown , I would have never started the website and this blog. He is so smart about these technologies and I’m coming into the computer world (kicking and screaming at times) with total amazement.

Until next time,
Peggy Lou Morgan
Parenting Your Complex Child Yahoo Group
http://www.parentingyourcomplexchild.com/
http://www.lighthouseparents.com/

1 comment:

Lora said...

Well I, for one, am very glad that you started this blog and am glad to have had the opportunity to get to know you and Billy Ray.